About the Players
Ronnie Whelan is an Irish former professional footballer player who played as a midfielder and sometimes as a defender. He played an integral role in the dominant Liverpool side that won a wealth of titles in the 1980s. He was at the club from 1979 until 1994, scoring a number of vital goals. In 100 Players Who Shook The Kop, a poll of 110,000 Liverpool fans conducted by Liverpool’s official website, Whelan came in 30th.
Whelan finished his career at Southend United, where he was also player-manager. He has also managed in Greece and Cyprus, with Panionios, Olympiakos Nicosia and Apollon Limassol.
Whelan was an important member of the Republic of Ireland national football team at one UEFA European Football Championship (1988) and also appeared at two World Cups (1990 and 1994). He played a total of 53 times for the national side between 1981 and 1995.
Since retirement he has begun a media career, and is a regular contributor to RTÉ Sport in Ireland.
About the product
Why buy from the 23 Foundation?
100% of the profits raised from your sale will be used to directly impact the lives of sick or disadvantaged children and young people in a positive way, or will be used to support community or not-for-profit organisations who work with children or young people.
With the support of people supporting the 23 Foundation we now support children and young people in various capacities within the UK and across the rest of the world too.
If you would like to order products from our shop, but are currently located in one if the following countries: AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, THAILAND, HONG KONG, MALAYSIA, ISRAEL. Please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your order.
The small print
– All signed memorabilia will be supplied with a 23 Foundation Certificate Of Authentication
– Shipping charges may apply when purchasing this product, and if so will be applied at the check out stage.
– On completion of your purchase a receipt will be provided by email.
– Please note that we cannot send frames to Africa, South America, The Middle East and some parts of Asia. In our experience items tend to go missing and in some cases are not traceable.
– The 23 Foundation are not VAT registered.